Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2018, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Jul 2018 11:50:56 -0400
From:         Andrew Berg <andrew@BERGWEB.CA>
Subject:      Re: Need a 5th seat for my 84 Westy
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

I would tend to agree, but the wife seems to prefer the forward facing option for the kids.

I have found a pedestal single seat in the Toronto area, but the asking price is not reasonable.

Andrew

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018, at 11:46 AM, Dennis Haynes wrote: > From experience the rear facing, fold up, easily removable seat is the > best option. The center mount seats take up too much room and the bench > is even worse making the fridge inaccessible. They also take up a lot of > space to store when out of the vehicle. Be patient they are out there. > > There is also the option to go with a conversion seat and pedestal. Fun > Bus traveld this way for years. > > Dennis > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf > Of Andrew Berg > Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 11:36 AM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Need a 5th seat for my 84 Westy > > Hi all, I've got a third child on the way, due any day now. Hence the > need for a 5th seat option. I'm open to either a single middle swivel > seat or the double bench on the rails (would also need the rails and > hardware). Or also a rear-facing jump seat with bracket to install > behind the passenger front seat. Anything will do as I've been having a > hard time finding one within a reasonable distance from me. I'm in > Kitchener, Ontario, Canada - not far from Toronto, Buffalo or Detroit. > > Thanks! > > Andrew