Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2018, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Jul 2018 18:04:33 -0400
From:         Gabriel Hourtouat <ghourtouat@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tires - Yokohama Y370 195R14 - Progress Report
Comments: To: John Meeks <vanagon@gmail.com>

End of life report: Yokohama Y370 195R14 -SIX years since in installed those tires. -The tires went no more than 30,000km; -the van over-wintered each winter in the garage, sitting on the tires for about 3 months without movement. (Shoot me) -Operating pressure: i think it was 50 front, 60 back for the first while until I forgot John Meeks/Bob S's advice and then I ran 45 front, 55 back. (shoot me, again) -I think I rotated them only ONCE (pistol whip me and THEN shoot me)

The tires were worn well past what I would have expected. The belts had apparently shifted (according to the tire shop). The tires were really wonky. I can muster a picture if that is interesting.

I read every tire, rim and wheel adventure I could find posted in the archives (and recent posts). There where A LOT. I tried really hard to find some bigger rims locally. Something that wouldn't break the bank. Finally settled back with some 185R14 load range D tires.

So much effort over the course of three weeks, so little change.

FOUND: 185R14C load range D Continental Vanco Four Season

links: http://www.wheelsforless.ca/ (Call 416-749-8473 and ask to speak with DT)

Will start a separate thread regarding doing and alignment.