Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2018, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Jul 2018 13:26:01 -0400
From:         kenneth wilford <kenwilfy@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: new coil secondary resistance tests out of spec
Comments: To: SC Strawn <scstrawn@verizon.net>

Yes, either the Bentley spec is wrong or all new coils are out of spec but still work fine. No coils I have ever tested have been within what Bentley specifies as good. I keep a good, tested, used one around to swap in for testing purposes. It doesn't have the proper resistance reading according to the Bentley manual though.

Coils usually fail after they have started to leak the tar that is inside them, out. That has been my experience. Most of the time a no spark condition on a Digifant Vanagon is the result of a failing ECU or failing Hall Sender in distributor. We have rebuilt ECUs and new distributors in stock if you need them. Also we help people trouble shooting their vans via email or phone every day of the work week. Please call on us if you are in need.

Ken Wilford at vanagain.com