Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2018, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jul 2018 11:52:06 -0700
From:         Mark Hersh <cmwolfsburg@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Radiator fan issue - where's the ground?
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

For some reason I'm just seeing this now. Yes, I attached the license plate to the extreme right (passenger) side of the lower grille. It's solid there, so I don't think I'm interfering with any airflow.

I did that because I didn't want to drill holes in my new front chrome bumper.

I cut a license-plate sized piece of 3/4 inch plywood and painted it black, attached that to the grill then used short wood screws to attach the plate to the ply.

Our van is for sale, BTW:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2192565

The plate is now farther to the left (when looking at the front of the van) than in the ad's pix. I just had it on via zip ties then and it might have encroached on the opening a bit. When I re-mounted, I didn't want to block any airflow so I placed it as described above.

Mark