Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2018, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jul 2018 18:28:03 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <eric.caron@ICLOUD.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sliding door hinge update
Comments: To: Jeff Palmer <w.jeff.palmer@icloud.com>

Hi Jeff,

below are the part numbers Dennis sent me.

reading this again I see he told me I had to adjust both the hinge and the striker bolt. He was correct.

I did ask for the part so it is possible this stop isn’t the one I was so happy to get from GW but mine goes in the spot at mid level and is a bumper for the bearings where they would otherwise hit metal as you close the door. they then turn and allow the door to be pulled in. I hope this helps.

Eric Caron

From Dennis It would most likely be best to get the complete hinge assembly, part 251843336B. You probably also need the stop, 251843876. This is a 2 person job and preferably one of them with practice. Both the hinge and striker bolt on the van get adjusted.