Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2018, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Jul 2018 11:49:42 -0700
From:         David McNeely <davmcneely40@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: optima batteries that fit under the driver's seat
Comments: To: Cary Chiang <ccchiang1@gmail.com>

I used WalMart batteries in my former family car, a Honda Accord, and was quite pleased with the battery (and the one time I had to return under warranty, it was immediately honored, no questions, just exchanged it). However, the WalMart service personnel were not attentive to detail. For example, they did not clean the mounting area, and only superficially cleaned the cable end clamps. I redid it myself at home. Now, this accounts for two battery purchases over the 18 years I had the car. I think I got 5 years on the original Honda battery, then 8 years on the first WalMart one. I sold the vehicle with the second battery in place after 5 years. That was the one that failed under warranty, after a year I think.

The starter battery in my camper is due, as it is pushing 10 years. It is a Bosch from Pep Boys, and has the proper vents for attaching tubing to the outside. I do not know where a Pep Boys is here in Spokane. What battery can I buy locally with the vents?

mcneely