Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2018, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Aug 2018 21:07:44 -0400
From:         Gabriel Hourtouat <ghourtouat@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: optima batteries that fit under the driver's seat
Comments: To: Karl Mullendore <tdiguru@westyventures.com>

Many thanks for all your comments — I got convinced to go the route of the Walmart wet cell, based on proximity, and group 40R, based on the “wiggle room” comment. Besides, the 40R specs were nomly better than the 41 specs.

At the 1994 Electric Vehicle Symposium, I had the chance to listen in to an impromptu meeting of the CEO’s of the globally leading battery manufacturers, including all the major brands you may ever of heard of. The CEO of Varta said to his little cohorts in a heavy German accent: “besides, in the battery world, lying is only when you exaggerate by more than 100%”.

Then those guys all burst into uproarious laughter.

Harrumph. I was a customer!