Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2018, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 12 Aug 2018 13:34:30 -0500
From:         "Jim. Felder" <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: temp gauge not working right...
Comments: To: Dan N <dn92610@gmail.com>

I don't know. It means that it is working, but whether it means it is working correctly in conjunction with the signal from the sensor I could not say.

I know when my 1983 Westy sensor wire came loose in the engine compartment when I was on a long trip and trying to escape an oncoming tornado on the Gulf Coast, its coming loose caused the gauge to immediately swing to the right and blink like crazy which made me think I had cooked the head, which had happened the previous time I saw it swing to the right and blink like that. It taught me to take such things less seriously. Don't recall if it was free or grounded, was focused on other stuff.

Jim