Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2018, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Aug 2018 22:53:42 -0400
From:         pickle vanagon <greenvanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Shore power > battery charge question
Comments: To: Jack R <jack007@comcast.net>

Here are photos of our setup:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b0tdmc86hy9uzep/AACkWgd2JiaBx48ccgAvqR3Ka?dl=0

Our charger is this one: http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Battery-Chargers/TRUECharge/Truecharge10TB(445-0091-01-01_rev-2).pdf

It charges both (house and starter) batteries independently. It is installed in the hidden electrical cabinet.

What you see below the outlet is a switch controlling the outlet power (not needed in your case.) We have an inverter and this switch changes between inverter power and power from the external plug on the van. (The led's are wired to the indicator lights from the inverter.) [We have relocated the circuit breaker to be accessed from the inside of the small floor cabinet (since you hardly ever need it anyways).]

The very bottom black switch is for the propane CO alarm you see on that small door.