Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2018, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Aug 2018 09:50:43 -0400
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Campground Air Conditioning for Vanagon

-----Original Message----- From: ddbjorkman <ddbjorkman@verizon.net> To: jim.felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM> Sent: Mon, Aug 20, 2018 9:46 am Subject: Re: Campground Air Conditioning for Vanagon

Before my wife and I took our Westy on Rt. 66 in May/June, we decided our New England bodies may not like the heat of the southwest. We took a look at AC options. Seeing how cargo space was at a premium, including the cargo rack, we came up with an option that worked out really well. We purchased a LG 8000 BTU portable. A stand up unit with an accordion hose that goes out a window. It only took up a 36" square behind the drivers seat. It was light and the bracket for the hose outlet fits in the front window with only a tiny area we filled with bubble wrap. No heavy AC and support mechanisms out my window. The accordion hose wasn't a big thing and got tossed wherever. It meant going to a pay campground with 110 V, but it saved us as a heat wave running temps of 110+ hit us as we crossed the southern west. Helped us out as we went up Big Sur and returned past Glacier NP, the Black Hills and the Badlands.

Dave B.

-----Original Message----- From: Jim. Felder <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sat, Aug 18, 2018 5:56 pm Subject: Re: Campground Air Conditioning for Vanagon

Thanks for this. Been thinking about similar.

Jim