Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2018, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Aug 2018 21:02:49 -0700
From:         thewestyman <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: Front heater won't give heat, workin on it.
Comments: To: "Jim. Felder" <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>

I was working on it doing the following.

After running the engine little over 2000 rpm, doing the bleeding procedure without success to have heat, noticed the reservoire getting more and more full. Stopped, waited to cool down to open the cap to change it for a new one. After that started again, yet when I finished, I still had no heat. Waited too cool again. I had an idea; how about looking into the heater core supply lines and see if there is any coolant? Took the glove compartment out, took the center piece out to get to the hoses that work in the circulating system. I found them totally empty. After doing correct procedure of bleeding. So, I started filling up the hoses, pinching them off when full. And filled the heater core with coolant also, using a small plug on one end that I removed to let air out, but plugged in when full. Replace the hoses onto the full, or almost full, heater core. Did the procedure again and found no heat again. That's how the work is standing now.

Zoltan

-----Original Message----- From: Jim. Felder Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2018 11:35 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Front heater won't give heat

The Libby Bong is a great device. But every driver should know how to properly bleed a Vanagon with their "bare hands." You never know when, where nor why you will have to do it. You may not have your usual tools with you.

Jim