Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2018, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Sep 2018 20:03:51 -0500
From:         "Jim. Felder" <jim.felder@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Must say a good word about GoWesty's service
Comments: To: diesel-vanagon <Diesel-Vanagon@yahoogroups.com>

I've never had a complaint about the service from any of the universe of Vanagon vendors, but listen to this. Yesterday (Friday afternoon) I got around to inspecting the life-time-warranty German-made heater valve I bought from Gowesty less than two years ago. It lasted about as long as the cheap ones have for me, BUT it had a lifetime warranty. I called GoWesty to tell them the thing had failed, and that this is not something you want in your car in Alabama in the hottest part of summer.

I got a brief lecture about the wrong ways to install it, to which I replied "Can I send you a picture of my installation taken this morning?" The answer was "no need, we'll send you a new one."

I quickly estimated the fastest they could probably get it here from California, and since I will be traveling the middle of next week in the Westy, I asked them not to knock themselves out or to spend any extra money on shipping, but would deal with it when I got back. The guy said OK.

Well, it arrived TODAY from clear across the country. It's installed and I'm ready for the extra ventilation on my upcoming trip!

Thanks, GoWesty.

Jim