Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2018, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Oct 2018 13:44:10 -0400
From:         "kenneth wilford (Van-Again)" <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Heater?
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson928@gmail.com>

Don, here is what I do: Put the nose of the van up in the air either with ramps or jacks, or even a steep hill. Turn on the heater full on. Start the van and let it idle. Remove the upper grill. crack open the bleeder screw Go to the back of the van and remove the engine cover.

Open the coolant pressure tank with the blue cap. Fill coolant here until this tank is completely full. Rev the engine up to about 2000 rpms and hold it there. Continue to fill the coolant tank until it is full to the top. Put the pressure cap back on. Let the van go back to idle. Check the heater to see if it is getting hot Check the radiator bleeder if a steady flow of coolant is coming out without bubbles.

If not then: Rev the engine up to about 2000 rpms and hold it there. Remove pressure cap on tank fill the coolant tank until it is full to the top. Put the pressure cap back on. Let the van go back to idle. Check the heater to see if it is getting hot Check the radiator bleeder if a steady flow of coolant is coming out without bubbles.

repeat procedure until you get hot heat and continuous stream of antifreeze with no bubbles coming out of bleeder. Let van idle until it gets to the middle and the radiator fan goes on and off a couple of times.

You are now bled.