Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2018, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Oct 2018 20:16:58 -0400
From:         Jack R <jack007@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: 16 inch wheels & tires
Comments: To: T3 Technique <christopher@T3TECHNIQUE.COM>

T3 Technique is truly the experts in this area, their advise lead to amazing results when I did my wheels on my 84 Westy!!

I can't thank them enough, very helpful with detailed answers to my questions.

And it is true, you can find Benz wheels anywhere and anytime you need a replacement (which is unlikely since they are much stronger than the China wheels).

Jack R. 84 Westy Wolfie

Any of the Mercedes 16x7 ET37 wheels can fit. They can be purchased inexpensively and are some of the highest quality, strongest wheels made. Yes, it takes a little work to get them installed (usually thin spacers, longer studs, and new lugs), but you get a perfect fitting wheel that is strong and reliable. You also end up with a wheel of which millions were produced so finding a replacement is very easy should you ever need/want one. In addition to the 16x7 ET37 Mercedes wheels, there are others that can be made to work, but they are usually less common.

Christopher www.t3technique.com