Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2018, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Nov 2018 14:05:00 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Sliding door... please help...
Comments: To: dhanson928@GMAIL.COM

I realize that the sliding door on the later model Vanagons were engineered to not need the rear handle that the earlier ones came with.  But I still miss them.  My slider works well, but there are still times, especially in a campground or quiet spot, where a slow roll forward and that rear mounted handle would help with the quietest operation of the door. Dave B.

-----Original Message----- From: Don Hanson <dhanson928@GMAIL.COM> To: vanagon <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tue, Nov 27, 2018 6:39 pm Subject: Re: Sliding door... please help...

I don't like the noise the slider makes.  Very distinct, in the desert during winter, I can often hear a nearby Vanagon slamming the slider... Often, when closing up from inside, it takes a few trys to give the slider enough momentum to fully close at the rear..On a still night, quite loud.   I found a plain black drawer handle that I mounted on the window sill near the rear of the slider... Now I can roll the slider almost closed, then pull it shut with that handle... quietly!  No more do I need to push it back then try to get enough inerta going with the awkward front handle, alone.