Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2018, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Dec 2018 13:42:58 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Antenna replacement
Comments: To: kenwilfy@comcast.net

Ken, I know that.  I removed the grille and headlight.  That's how I know about the hole behind the headlight.  I have replaced the original 4 headlight configuration with the earlier 2 headlight configuration some time ago due to light output concerns, so I have been in there before, as I am now.  I just would like to know the size of the top hole so I know where I have to wrestle the thing out.  It has indicated it won't be easy.  Boy oh boy, sometimes the easy stuff throws you a curve. Thanks to all guys.  I will get this out. Dave B.

-----Original Message----- From: kenneth wilford (Van-Again) <kenwilfy@comcast.net> To: ddbjorkman <ddbjorkman@verizon.net> Cc: Vanagon List <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> Sent: Mon, Dec 3, 2018 6:36 pm Subject: Re: Antenna replacement

You want to pull your headlight assembly off by removing the four phillips head screws that hold the mounting bracket to the van.  This will allow both lights for the square headlight Vanagon to be removed as a unit.  Unplug them as set it to the side.  Now you can access your antenna lower section.