Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2019, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:56:59 -0800
From:         Edward V Barger <edvbarger@MAC.COM>
Subject:      New GRABBERS

Had the new tires put on yesterday the grabbers and took the van for a drive to check it out

It does handle better is more stable than before Drove on 45 MPH city and hit the 101 in Goleta went north to the el Capitan camp ground exit and return driving my usual 65 MPH and a little at 75 MPH passing a truck felt good stable

There was not much wind so could not check stability in wind Will try that in a day or two We have about a week of storms passing so a trip up the 101 along the coast with the on shore wind gusts will be a good test

And I did not notice any particular noise from the tires even put a window down to check it at 65

I parked in the middle of a street to see if I could notice a lean to one side Trying to see if I should replace springs when I do the Shocks next real soon

Could not …… even did a quick check by noting where the door handle came up to my shirt to compare both sides seemed the same

Used the tape measure from the pavement to the key hole on both sides front doors they were even dead on

And it seems to ride good

So will order the shocks and most likely put them on my self having a look under to see if all is OK

After that will see about getting the front end alignment checked there is a slight tendency to the right Before the tire change thought it was because of the old tires

I have had the van for over 15 years and never had it checked And we have done a fair amount of gravel washboard and dirt with ruts in Baja and back roads in California

Edward V Barger edvbarger@mac.com 310 922 6251