Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2019, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Feb 2019 16:25:59 +0100
From:         Raimund Feussner <ray@V6BUS.DE>
Subject:      Re: Air recirculator
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

You guys sound like recirculation is a secure way of killing yourself in

a Vanagon :-)

I doubt any Vanagon is airtight enough to keep all fresh outside air out...even with that recirc mod. The rear windows exhaust vents on 87+ Vanagons basically replace every other cars exhaust vents in the trunk. The earlier door vents for me create a terrible draft on the hips, so I would have had them always closed (don´t own one of these). I think

their main purpose is venting the vhicle while slamming the doors shut, just like the rear window vents or the standard car´s trunk vent.

I know the current cars recirc flaps, but don´t know if they, for security reasons, always leave a small gap open on the fresh air side.

Regards Raimund