Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2019, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Feb 2019 23:34:08 +0100
From:         Raimund Feussner <ray@V6BUS.DE>
Subject:      Re: how to earn REASONABLE $$$ and it includes selling VW camper
              PARTS
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>

Long sentimental story: I have bought TWO Vanagons in my life, both I plan on keeping forever. My current profit is: Their value increases as we speak/write/wait....whatever. It´s not actual money I have in my wallet, but it´s money I COULD have if needed *fingers crossed*

I also bought one or two dozens, in the 2000s, to part out and make a living from parts. Yes, in Germany that was possible (student life)! I did make profit with those, but the parting-out days are over. Buying those got expensive..too much invest, less revenue! Back then, Vanagon parts brought me through my Twenties, early Thirties! They paid university, and they paid the two vans mentioned above.

A big help were my 4-disc vented brakes, which were quite a success in Europe. And again, supported me through university. Selling brakes, the Vanagon supported me big time, through 2001-2016.

It didn´t pay me a house, or a family, but got me through times where a usual university student would struggle! That´s all over, I earn money now. So I keep those two Vanagons, not only for the sentimental thought, but just because they are awesome ...and I built them!

I just cheered myself up with this, thanks!

Regards Raimund

Am 07.02.2019 um 01:54 schrieb The Bus Depot: >> You'd never catch me saying making a huge >> profit and vanagon in the same sentence > > Well I make a huge profit on Vanagons ... well, okay, maybe not huge, but a profit at least ... :-) > > If nothing else it beats the loss I took on them before I started the Depot - and it gives me a plausible excuse for spending so much time on my hobby! > > Ron Salmon > The Bus Depot, Inc. > www.busdepot.com