Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2019, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Mar 2019 11:03:18 -0400
From:         Alex MeVay <alex@MEVAY.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Electrical conductive paste or glue/adhesive
Comments: To: David Boan <dboan@outlook.com>

> one not covered in the other, and vice versa. I would have liked GW to > offer options for the dash light color (the white is pretty bright for > my taste), and getting the tubing that prevents light from bleeding

I installed this too, and while generally very happy, I agree GW got some of the brightnesses wrong. My kit was purchased in 10/2016, and it's possible they have made some changes, but the turn signal indicator is all but invisible during the day, and the blue high beam indicator is eyeball-searing at night, like, had-to-put-tape-over-it bright. They used 100kOhm resistors to drive both. I'm currently working on finding different resistor values for both, and had intended to make a detailed post when finished, but initial indications are that 470k for the high beams and 2k for the turns might be good compromises for day/night visibility.

Also interested in a reliability/philosophy/Zen and the Art of Vanagon Maintenance thread, as I feel I've had to make some serious mental rearrangements as a result of Vanagon ownership.

-Alex