Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2019, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 May 2019 23:28:32 -0400
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Coolant Loss/Hose clamp tips?
Comments: To: alex@mevay.org

My recommendation would be to use the flat band type spring clamps as originally installed by VAG. Such clamps are specifically designed to exert constant tension in the face of aging changes in the hoses and variations of temperature.

You should obtain a tool designed to place and remove said clamps as it can be both frustrating and dangerous to use ordinary pliers to operate them.

Yrs, d