Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2019, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Jun 2019 14:41:37 -0700
From:         Frank Grunthaner <frankgrun@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: For Ben T - Where has everyone gone?
Comments: To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@busdepot.com>

Gentlemen,

I thought I’d chime in here and add my thoughts of minor weight since I have largely lurked these past 6 years. I strongly endorse the technical value of the list and most importantly the archives in which I have more than 400 submissions. In concert with many, I view Facebook as an abomination injecting a dissonant form of colored chaotic noise staining the efforts of the originators of the internet, to which I contributed a small amount in the early years.

My contributions to this list waned after several PMs suggested that I presented too much technical detail in the many posts on various modifications of the I4 engine including the NA diesel, the 1.8L digifant, the 2.0L 3A and the 1Z TDI. Indeed there were few responses to those over-long posts, consistent with that lack of interest. Nonetheless, I enjoy directing newer Vanagonites to these missives in answer to their questions.

Now, the Vanagon is in the hands of my daughter and my garage is full of a turbo 3A, a heavily modifier 1Z brought to Euro specs including VNT turbo, and an attic full of custom Vanagon additions and an extensive design technical engineering library.

Hoping the list continues to the last diehards!

Frank Grunthaner