Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2019, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Jun 2019 09:59:26 -0600
From:         OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Electrical ?
Comments: To: David Beierl <dbeierl@GMAIL.COM>

Resolved > YEA ~

It appears as though some Motor/Switch in the System had gotten Out Of Sync

ie Signals Crossed ~ I just went out and activated the Slider Lock with a Jumper

Batt a few times (with slider open) leaving it in the Locked config', closed the

slider & now All Locks are back to Normal ~

A few days ago a Friend & I had been standing @ the sSlider working with

some Camera Gear that was inside & when We were done I discovered that one

of the Keys that I had on a KeyChain hanging out of My right jeans pocket was

Extremely Hot > guessed that I had been holding it up against the Slider Lock

Contact Pins & didn't think any more about it > I have done this in the past &

it has always before gotten My attention by Actuating the Locks on contact, not

sure what was diff' about this time ~ Anyway, I'm suspecting that that is what

caused something in the System to get "Sideways" ~

Thanks Much for all help ~

ORR ~ DeanB

On 30 Jun , 2019, at 1:59 AM, David Beierl wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 9:17 PM OlRivrRat <OlRivrRat@comcast.net> wrote: > >> >> The Slider & Rear Hatch Locks are no longer actuated by the Front Door >> Locks ~ >> With the Fronts Unlocked there is +12v on the Yel wire @ Slider Connect' >> Plate to >> Grnd & Both White & Black/Red wires ~ >> With the Fronts Locked there is 0v on the Yel wire @ Slider Connect' Plate >> & All 3 >> (Yel, White, Red/Blk) wires show Short to Each Other & to Ground ~ >> Not sure if it matters but this is a Canadian Version Van' ~ > > > Canadian shouldn't matter. > > Your diagram is on 97.226 ff. > > There are three wires that go from connector T3B near the passenger door to > handle the rear locks, and they split at T3c near the top of the B-pillar. > One branch goes to the slider contacts and the other branch to the hatch. > > Operation is quite simple compared to the front doors -- there's no > checking to see if the operation succeeded. Brown wire is always grounded, > and depending on which way the front locks are, either yellow or white is > hot. If either actuator motor is switched to a hot wire, the motor runs > long enough to move the actuator half a turn of the internal gear, and at > the end of its travel, switch from that hot wire to the other which is not > hot at that point. When the second wire becomes hot the motor spins for > another half-turn and switches back to the first wire. > > Neither lock interacts with the other one > > Applying ground to the actuator 31 terminal, and 12V to one of the other > terminals should either do nothing or cycle the actuator half a turn. > > I suspect that what you're seeing as a short is really just the low DC > resistance of the motors. > > I'd start by testing the individual actuators for operation in both > positions. If they test good, then test for zero ohms between each of the > three terminals in the connector and the corresponding wire at T3b. > > Broken ground wire at/near T3b or T3b unplugged will stop both rear locks. > > Yrs, > d

DavidB

Thanks a bunch for chiming in on this, I was hoping You would as I suspected

You would be able to do exactly what You just did in providing a detailed synop' of

how the system is laid out ~ I'll do some more testing shortly & let You know what

I find ~

Does the fact that the White Wire @ Slider Contact does not ever show 12V, no

matter whether the Fronts are locked or unlocked give You any clues ~

ORR ~ DeanB