Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2019, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Jul 2019 09:17:19 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Actuator?
Comments: To: PB <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM>

> The Bus Depot part is less than half the price of > the one from the Van Cafe. Why would that be?

Exact same power door lock actuator. Current production has the wrong plug on it for a Vanagon, as VW superseded it to the Eurovan one (same actuator, different wiring plug). Our $39 actuator kit includes insulated spade terminals and a wiring diagram so you can just cut the old plug off of your van, crimp the included ends onto the four wires, and push directly them onto the new actuator. Should take maybe 15 minutes to do that, it's not hard. We also offer a plug-and-play wiring harness adapter that avoids the needs to splice the wires, it just converts the Eurovan plug to a Vanagon plug. Our adapter is genuine VW - VW released it when they discontinued the Vanagon version of the actuator, to make it possible to use the Eurovan one instead, only to discontinue it later, but we can still get it from Germany. This saves you the 15 minutes of splicing on the ends. The cost for the actuator plus the genuine VW adapter is $71 with your List discount. At the moment if inventory is correct I have only one adapter left, but I have more coming in 3 weeks. What V-C is selling (for $14 more) is the same actuator with a harness adapter, except their adapter is apparently aftermarket rather than genuine VW issue. They do not offer a cheaper kit for those who wish to save money and splice on new spade terminals.

Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com