Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2019, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Jul 2019 11:00:00 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Why the preponderance of air-cooled on Marketplace?
Comments: To: Steven Johnson <sjohnso2000@GMAIL.COM>

For some reson I’ve seen a lot of vans from certain years and many fewer from other years.

One van I’ve seen a lot of are 1980 the original year of the vanagon. At West river last year I saw 4 of them. I’ve never met a 1981 yet. And rarely a 1982 or 1983, but I’ve at least seen a few.

In water cooled I’ve met very few 1988 vans but tons of 1987 . I have not seen many 1989 either.

My friend had a 1980 that he used all year until it rusted away a few years ago. He had added a front radiator and a 1.8 VW motor. He ran it for many many years like that. So adding in the water is a doable option. For the mechanically inclined.

Still, the simplicity of the air cooled vanagon is nice. And hopefully we will be able to drop in a clean electric motor soon and then that air cooled van will be a perfect option for that. Transplant! Eric Caron 85 GL Auto