Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2019, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Jul 2019 09:08:15 -0700
From:         Jim <jrasite@EONI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Parts availability

Alistair does subtractive manufacturing. (Turn anything that’s not part into chips.) The current ‘industrial engineering’ term for 3D printing is additive manufacturing. http://additivemanufacturing.com/basics is a good place to start.

Jim

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Alistair Bell Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 8:53 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Parts availability

That’s good to know ken, I mean that sincerely.

But don’t discount the cheaper printers, they are getting better every day. I can see you having one to make parts to order some day.

Alistair