Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2019, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 22 Jul 2019 08:03:29 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Where to stay near Vancouver, BC
Comments: To: Douglas Toomey <drt@uoregon.edu>

Dear Welcome to Canada

On Bowen - which i have been to only once - and that was by invitation to a friend's sister's house - You might check into https://www.tourismbowenisland.com/destination/stay/accommodations/

I will remind you that Bowen is very strict about extras - (think Magrathea of Hitch Hikers Guide to The Universe fame where visitors are weighed upon entry and then again on exit with the excess difference being cut off -- ) That Bowen is having a Logger Sports is interesting because Powell River has Logger Sports and anywhere from 12-20 thousand visitors arrive for that two days -- I imagine that amount of would just about fold Bowen up into a pretzel as they are always crying about water and traffic and and and and and how every visitor is welcome to leave -- (your experience may be different I was not camping on the fringe I was in the living rooms of locals and when i wandered off on my own it immediately became difficult to function )

Staying near Vancouver - That I have done several times - but the parking in deep down town has become weird and most of my efforts to be there over hours at a time have been focused around marinas and docks - when in our vanagon we simply parked on the street and did not put top up - did not exit the vehicle once parked - did not cook etc etc - Not sure how that would be treated these days as Vancouver is getting less vehicle friendly by the day -

Sorry not more promising info - Others might say different -

Good luck

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 7:11 AM Douglas Toomey <drt@uoregon.edu> wrote:

> We are traveling from Oregon and delivering our daughter to UBC later this > week. Any ideas on where to camp/stay near Vancouver? She is also > participating in a logger sports event on Bowen Island, which appears to > have no camping. Is that the case? > > Any advice welcome. 87 Westy with family and dog. > > Thanks, > > Doug >

-- roger whittaker 604.414.6266

---------------------------------------------------------- PR MARINE SURVEYORS & http://www.tvthatworks.com http://www.tvpowellriver.com LinkedIn -

- ca.linkedin.com/pub/roger-whittaker/14/78a/b71/Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://vimeo.com/42309497

http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt