Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2019, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Aug 2019 16:17:43 -0400
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: First ride of shame, fuel issue
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

Hi friends following this thread.

I’ve attached a sound clip of the engine running again after our repair of the rocker assembly and replacement of the four push rods.

The repair was interesting as even though we were sold the parts for a 1.9 engine they did not seem the same. The nuts were a different size and the assembley didn’t match up exactly. So we simply removed the one broken part and replaced it on the original assembly and then used the straight push rods.

Frankly, we didn’t have high hopes but for under $20 in parts and a couple hours of time under the bus, it seemed like it would be worth the effort.

Check out the sound clip and let me know your thoughts.

Eric Caron 85 GL auto

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6g7ze0n93qq7xnu/VW85Vanagon3.m4a?dl=0