Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2019, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Aug 2019 22:40:51 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Folex (Carpet Spot Remover) on Vanagon Seats

Today had some fun doing cosmetic work on my van.  Had paintless dent removal guy remove 3 door dings.  To assist his efforts, I pre-emptively removed door panels, both sides.  When putting back together, I had the time to wash some plastic parts that hadn't been cleaned in 31 years, and also got the idea to use a little Simple Green on the fabric inlays on the door panels.  Very pleased!  And with a little Aerospace 303 spray on rest of door panel and associated parts, I just erased decades. I then looked at my seats....great condition...but no cleaning in 31 years other than vacuuming.  I've used a product called Folex on my carpets inside house; it's for spot cleaning.  The nice thing about this product is that it uses enzymes or something to make things like coffee, blood, food, grease magically disappear.  With minimal effort; and....NO RINSING REQUIRED (I never have....just kinda use an old towel to blot up the product along with all the crud).  It doesn't attract new dirt.  Works....I count on it to fix goofs; and cheap, and available at Home Depot.

So....I'm thinking of attacking my Vanagon Seats with this product.  Says "Excellent for Upholstery" on the bottle.  Anybody ever tried it? If no negative feedback, I'm going to use it tomorrow....while waiting for my Air Conditioning guy to evacuate and recharge my A/C.  (Better than just sitting around....I plan on bringing a full spray bottle of Folex, and a bunch of old towels). Rich San Diego