Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2019, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Sep 2019 00:49:18 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Kampnik app for Android phones...wonderful

For several years I've been using ALL US AND CANADA CAMPGROUNDS LOCATOR: STATE PARKS NATIONAL PARKS FORESTS MORE california oregon washington new york pennsylvania more

| | | ALL US AND CANADA CAMPGROUNDS LOCATOR: ... |

when on roadtrips.  Very useful.  Using my laptop, I'd pull into a McDonald's or Starbucks around lunchtime and use their WiFi to figure out where I might spend the night.  Now, since I got an Android smartphone, there is even a better way. Kampnik.  Only costs a couple bucks for the app.  Basically, it downloads the whole map of campsites; then, it combines it with GPS to zoom in to your immediate location.  It gives all the important basics.  For me, that's elevation so I can figure out what to expect.  But there is a link to any websites (reviews, reservations, etc.) and also stuff like local weather conditions; but, you gotta be within cellphone range to get that info.  For me, I currently use T-Mobile which is excellent in the East but crummy in the West.  Also gives basic info like water, toilets, number of sites, and other amenities.

Currently am at White Spar Campground on the south edge of Prescott, AZ.  I've used the Kampnik app for one week now....and am very impressed.  You might also be so impressed.  Or, maybe even have a better resource?  Love to hear about it if you do. Rich San Diego