Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2019, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Oct 2019 09:06:53 -0400
From:         "John H. Lauterbach" <john@JHL.MGACOXMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hose from pressure cap on expansion tank to coolant overflow
              tank
Comments: To: Gene P <olgreywoof@GMAIL.COM>

Thank you, Gene. I would appreciate it if you would post the Gates Part Number for the hose you are using. I was able to find anything like what the stock hose is on the Gates website. John On Thu, 2019-10-17 at 18:53 -0700, Gene P wrote: > Probably not at all chains but at a local auto supply I gotGates 5/16 (8.0mm) > premium heater hose, made in USA.It’s straight heater hose, buy what you need > by the foot. > From: John H. LauterbachSent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:07 PMTo: > vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Hose from pressure cap on expansion tank to coolant overflow tank > Thank you, Dan. I went to the local AutoZone and O'Reilly's and neither > storehad anything close except for high-pressure fuel lines. That is why I > posted tothe list. John > On Thu, 2019-10-17 at 17:44 -0700, Dan N wrote: > > cut a short section of the hose and bring it to any auto-parts store > > andtheywill match it.On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 4:15 PM John H. Lauterbach < > > john@jhl.mgacoxmail.com>wrote: > > > What are the correct dimensions (ID, OD, Length) for subject hose, > > > andwheredoI get it? I have seen some hoses on list vendor websites > > > thatlooksimilar, butnot the same.If one cannot get a direct replacement > > > hose, what are the alternatives?Thank you,John