Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2019, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Dec 2019 09:45:39 -0800
From:         Dan N <dn92610@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tire pressure recommendation... please
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

thank you Dennis,

I didn't choose that 215/65R16 tire/rim combo, it's inherited from the previous owner. You're right about the sidewall translating into harsh ride. - at 65 the side wall is not as tall as the 27x8.5R14 but the diameter are the same on both. - it's 8 ply versus 6 ply meaning harder side wall - I notice the sidewall of the 27x8.5R14 bulges out more which means it's more flexible - and yes a tintop is lighter than a full camper westy..

I'd think the a 215/70R15 is better choice.. well ... learning from someone else mistake

dan