Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2020, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Jan 2020 19:05:11 -0500
From:         Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Larger tire front storage was fixing the missing posts
Comments: To: Dan N <dn92610@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Dan,

Second attempt to send this message.

I also had the tire floating around when I used the Van Cafe holder.

The holder doesn’t use the wires that push down on the tire when in the clam shell. The wires are removed to install the Van Cafe version. I actually have a special set of wires that work with it that a garage fabricated for me as they didn’t like the way the tire floated.

But, When I put back the shell and used Ben’s front catch the original wires went back and all was well again.

I do think though from reading Ben’s post, that the U Bolts lowering the back will remove the wires so we may need to deal with the floating tire again. Maybe the ratchet strap trick that Neil mentioned earlier.

Eric Caron