Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2020, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Jan 2020 14:06:44 +0000
From:         "ddbjorkman@verizon.net" <ddbjorkman@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Shower and amenities was sticking with Vanagon
Comments: To: ericcaron96@comcast.net

Hi Eric.  Really late in catching up with e-mails. I used to put my pop up shower under a branch or string a rope between 2 points and position shower under it. A couple of Christmases ago, my wife got me a usb chargeable camping shower pump.  Drop it in a bucket of warm water and the shower head  hangs into the pop up enclosure, which can also can be used as a privy with the porta pottie).Get a standard porta pottie.  Marine stores carry them.  I have a Dometic.  Under the seat type may not be tall enough to be comfortable to sit on, as well as inaccessible when bed is down, a common time for use.    BTW, I have sent all these posts to you and the list.  Hope yu are getting them. Dave B.

-----Original Message----- From: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@comcast.net> To: David Bjorkman <ddbjorkman@verizon.net> Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sat, Jan 4, 2020 11:15 am Subject: Shower and amenities was sticking with Vanagon

Hi David, For shower I currently use the rear Bus depot hatch shelter and a solar bag shower.  Only down side is sometimes I camp where I need to lock the bus.   I’ve seen the tall shower tents but wondered how it would hold a heavy shower bag?  How does it do that? Still contemplating portable toilet options. Don’t know much about them, but I keep wondering if Technology has come up with a small easy to maintain version. So far has not been a problem, but with age I can see how this would be a factor in keeping my driving partner happy.  Also, at some concert locations it would provide a more comfortable toilet solution! Anyone ever create a cassette toilet that fits under the back seat and pops out when needed?  Was, that won’t work, bed , when down is a problem.   Maybe between the front seats. Eric Caron

On Jan 4, 2020, at 10:38 AM, ddbjorkman@verizon.net wrote: Eric, if you already don't, get a porta pottie.  Fits real well behind the passenger seat.  Then you will only be missing the inside shower ( on trips I carry a spring up cylindrical. enclosure and a bag shower). Dave B.

-----Original Message----- From: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@COMCAST.NET> To: vanagon <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thu, Jan 2, 2020 2:38 pm Subject: Just explored a sprinter camper, sticking to Vanagon!

Hi folks,

My neighbor has a fairly new Sprinter with Winnebago conversion.

It is a nice truck.  4 wheel drive and full of nice features.

I liked two things the most about it.  It is new so very reliable, and it has a small shower and toilet.  Third I did like the awning as it will automatically retract if wind comes up.

But, That’s it.  I feel like the space is so much more than a vanagon yet, it does less. Or certainly no more.  In fact it sleeps three adults if you try hard, I have slept 4 just fine.

        He said it drives best about 55 miles an hour to 65 but not that fun to drive.  70 is a real challenge.

He was also not happy with the conversion materials quality.  And he said a rattly noisy ride.

Give me a reliable Vanagon and I’ll deal without the shower and toilet.

        We have an amazing ride if we can just keep them happily going down the road!

Eric Caron