Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2020, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Jan 2020 09:40:13 -0800
From:         "Markus M." <markusmumper@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Carrying extra gasoline in a Vanagon

Just returned from a seven night trip to Death Valley.

Really beautiful weather on this trip.

Gas station dispersal was adequate [GoWesty boxer engine averaging about 16mpg or 200 miles on a full tank] but I do carry extra gas just in case, especially trips to Baja where gasoline availability varies.

I use the Rotopax 2.5 gallon containers, two stored in the exterior storage tray above the front seats secured with bungee cords.

I do not want to store gasoline inside the van.

I refresh the stored gasoline every few months by using and re-filling.

There are gasoline preservatives available [Stabil] but I do not use them, not sure how well they work.

Markus and The Girl [87 Westy].