Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2020, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Jan 2020 10:46:51 -0800
From:         Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Nolathane upper control arm bushings?
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thanks again folks for the information and user input.

I "bit the bullet" and ordered Powerflex bushings from T3.

On my '81 Westy, I have Powerflex bushings on the sway bar and (white line?) bushings on the manual steering rack. No issues or noise to date, happy with improvements. I also have new poly bushings on the rear trailing arms. From a lube standpoint, I do wonder how easily the arms move; over various types of road curves, there are times when the Gowesty springs clunk but that may simply be due to a lack of spring pad. At minimum, I may try to put a piece of coolant hose over each arm perch "hat".

If I keep the '81, I look forward to installing these UCA bushings and getting an alignment done; I played with the toe a little some time ago. As is though, the bus handles well.

Neil.

On 1/20/20, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> wrote:

> At this point I try refuse to install or at least warranty the OEM design > bushings. For the PowerFelx I have only experienced 1 failure, on my van. > Chris provided warranty replacement no questions asked. Great service. > .......My go > to is is currently the PowerFlex. > > Dennis > >

-- Neil n

VE7TBN

1988 Westy 50º ABA swap: https://tinyurl.com/yap5hpwt

1981 Westy 15º ABA swap: https://tinyurl.com/y9n4xob8