Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2020, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Feb 2020 12:30:07 -0500
From:         Geoffrey Toye <geoffreytoye@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Group 41 Battery? As house battery, under Driver Seat?

As a new owner of an 81 Westie with the original 2L aircooled engine, and a new list reader, I thought I would check out and advise of my battery situation in the hope that it helps.

My aux battery is an East Penn Mfg Part# 640RMF, 810 CA, 650 CCA, 105RC, Group 40R installed in Oct 2014. Bought from nationwide-battery.com. I just had it tested at the local auto store and it has a remaining battery life of 46 months according to the electronic test machine. Not bad for a 6 year old battery. No idea of its previous life of course.

The vehicle battery is a Motomaster (Canadian Tire) product# 10-9100-4, Group 91, CCA 700@ 0 F / 850@ 32F, Reserve Capacity 100 Min installed in Feb 2015. I have not had it tested. As previously noted by others, the recommended battery is a Group 41 (for Canada).

Both batteries fit the their respective places nicely and seem to do the job ok. This summer will reveal more about their suitability.