Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2020, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Feb 2020 02:32:43 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cheap TPMS ( tire pressure monitor) quick review
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

I remember, maybe 10 years ago or so on a roadtrip in Texas where I had sudden broken belt to waterpump and resulting immediate red idiot lights on dash.  From overheating.  I didn't know if I had been overheating on my 1.9 for seconds or minutes.  (It all worked out fine; I had a spare belt, replaced on side of busy freeway.)  Couple years later, GoWesty came out with a gizmo to audibly alarm you of that situation so you don't have to be always looking at your dash.  Those guys at GoWesty and VanCafe are always thinking; and they have hired more Mechanical Engineers.  I bet we will be seeing some more cool gizmos from them.

Rich San Diego

On Friday, February 14, 2020, 6:06:49 PM PST, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> wrote: What you really want is programmable alarm points and an alarm you can hear.

Dennis