Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2020, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Feb 2020 08:52:06 -0500
From:         Harry Hoffman <hhoffman@IP-SOLUTIONS.NET>
Subject:      On to new adventures

Hi Volks,

I'm writing to share both a happy and sad day.

Today ends my decade long ownership of a vanagon. I've sold my van to someone who seems incredibly happy to have it and who will take great care of it.

I've bought a new project, a Ford Transit 350, that will better accommodate our family.

Looking back over the years I've met many good, online and in real life, friends. This community is incredible in sharing knowledge, helping each other out, and a great role model for how folks from different backgrounds, beliefs, and ways of life can all come together to build something amazing.

I huge shout-out to Dennis Haynes from whom I got tons of advice, an awesome hitch, the low down on sweet rims and tires, and lots of things to ponder.

David Beierl has volunteered so much knowledge and time and is what I'd imagine a living encyclopedia to be. :-)

Kevin Mayer, my mechanic from Philly, who may not be on here but is an awesome guy who always keeps smiling.

Eric Caron, who was such a nice guy to my little girls when we were all camping in Salem, MA a few years back.

There are many others, I apologize if I've forgotten anyone. Even though I don't have a vanagon anymore I'll likely stay on the list as I really value the community.

Take care everyone!

Cheers, Harry