Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2020, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 24 Feb 2020 20:03:49 -0800
From:         Neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westfalia Shore Power Ground Bonding Minutia: Breaker Box
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

Thanks again Dennis.

I'm guessing that a terminal designed for use on stranded wire won't properly crimp on to solid copper wire.

Are there specific connectors that might crimp onto solid core wire? e.g. #14 wire in Romex?

I'll continue my internet search for same........

Neil.

On 2/24/20, Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Consider replacing the box with a plastic one> You want an "Old Work" which > uses wings to mount instead of screws in to the "plaster" ears. There are > also devices for RV use that do not need a box. > I would not use solder or quick connects on 110V circuits. Look for a > breaker with screw or push in terminals and make sure it is rated for 110V > use. > https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DH35VZQ/ref=twister_B01LYLZ9U4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 > > Dennis > > -----Original Message----- > From: Neil N [mailto:musomuso@gmail.com] > Sent: Monday, February 24, 2020 9:26 PM > To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com> > Cc: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Westfalia Shore Power Ground Bonding Minutia: Breaker Box

> As per the old work, I connected stranded wire to the line and load wires > then installed insulated push on connectors to them but found that the box > depth didn't allow enough room; those stranded wires butted up against the > back of box and didn't allow the breaker to fit. > Hopefully, a 3" deep box, vs the stock 2.5" deep box, will allow enough > room. > > Neil. >

-- Neil n

VE7TBN

1988 Westy 50º ABA swap: https://tinyurl.com/yap5hpwt

1981 Westy 15º ABA swap: https://tinyurl.com/y9n4xob8