Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2020, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Mar 2020 02:36:06 +0000
From:         Richard Koerner <rjkinpb@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: A little weeping at Clutch Slave Cylinder

Yep Alistair, I am going to replace both Cylinders.  Worth it for me.  Heck, I am not a mechanic!  But broken down in some faraway place is NOT an option for me.  Sadly, my mechanical skills and available space and tools and equipment makes going to my reliable mechanic a no-brainer.  Like I have always said, I'll do the stuff that I know how to do, and let him do the stuff that he is equipped and knows how to do.  Happy for both of us. Rich

On Saturday, February 29, 2020, 5:41:19 PM PST, Alistair Bell <albell@shaw.ca> wrote: Replace both richard.

Unless I’ve missed any warnings about quality of replacement masters, it’s relatively cheap insurance to do both.

If you’re doing it yourself, be prepared for a little hi jinks to bleed the clutch lines. My best results were from reverse pressure bleeding after letting gravity bleed out all the old fluid.

Alistair