Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2020, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Mar 2020 17:36:14 -0500
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Fwd: Is the Vanagon drive able with dash and cluster removed?

---------- Forwarded message --------- From: David Beierl <dbeierl@attglobal.net> Date: Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 5:16 PM Subject: Re: Is the Vanagon drive able with dash and cluster removed? To: Thomas Casal <thomas.casal@gmail.com> Cc: vanagonlist a <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com>

On Wed, Mar 4, 2020 at 4:08 PM Thomas Casal <thomas.casal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I drive this beast down the road to the paint shop with the dash out > and cluster out? >

Sure, no sweat. But your alternator won't charge unless you make special arrangements, so the easy thing to do is just plug the panel back in and have all the mod cons except for radio and heat.

The column won't be up to having you haul yourself up into the cab by the steering wheel, but it's perfectly fine for steering with power steering and usable for non-power. I've done both. Make sure the bolts are tight including the ones attaching the upper mounting straps the the body metal, for better rigidity.

Yrs, d