Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2020, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 May 2020 14:26:27 -0700
From:         Kenneth O'Connor <kenneth.oconnor@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday distraction (NVC)
Comments: To: Eric Caron <ericcaron96@comcast.net>

Regarding that Porsche comment, I worked at a Porsche restoration place when I was in college in the late 90s. The owner had got his hands on a rusted out original Speedster body. The side channels were completely detached (rusted through) so the car was physically in two pieces and there was no engine or suspension. He sold it for $10k and then re-sold it to another higher bidder for $12.5k! The first guy was pissed and would call the shop daily and yell at me. I never did get to see the finished product. But, I did get to to work on a lot of cool cars! I guess my point is that with the market for even the Coupes, someone might actually fix that!

Ken O.