Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2020, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Jun 2020 11:06:50 -0400
From:         Richard Koller <brvkoller@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: A/C
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>

I did some preliminary poking around with the a/c compressor yesterday. I tried to jumper it using the wires coming out from behind the clutch to see if it would even turn on. I can manually turn the clutch so it doesn't seem locked up but the compressor did not make a peep. My system was never converted from R12 and a friend who is familiar with a/c has a manifold set. We hooked it up and there was 0 pressure in the system. So based on Dennis' advice I presume I will need at least a new dryer and perhaps an expansion valve because of potential moisture intrusion (its been many years since it was used). Jack R on the list also recommended new hoses. Do you think that the compressor should have turned on after I tried to jumper it? Thanks Rick