Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2020, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 13 Jun 2020 16:01:13 -0400
From:         Gabriel Hourtouat <ghourtouat@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Newb Gets Hosed -- Coolant Pipes Retrofit
Comments: To: vw_van_fan_Mark <madvws@cox.net>

Thanks for the great tips. I’m guessing I have clobbered the tank lines so will remove it now to finish the job. (I had to do a lot of pulling and twisting to get the plastic out.). Did the oil cooler hoses a few years ago with the water pump.

Bad news is all I have is the GW plastic bits available so I will go with that.

Good news is that I am bolstered by having done this once now. So willing to redo, correct, maintain as necessary.

I wonder where the local shop got the new old stock plastic manifold (stamped VW, Audi logo, BLAU And part number 251.121.438. ). Will ask him if he can get me an old ‘130A’! Could it be a fake!?

What about reusing the coolant (orangey-red)? -bad idea?

Gab