Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2020, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Jun 2020 23:14:07 +0200
From:         thewestyman <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: RIP: Robert Keezer
Comments: To: Ben T <syncro@GMAIL.COM>

I am very shocked to read the sad news of Robert's passing. He was a close friend to me for the last thirty years. Visited him often, helped him with anything he was not good at and he tried to help me. He fought to keep his house and live as he lived all his life, free as much as possible from outside interference. Lots of little stories I have with him. A kind man. Perhaps, if he can come back and live again, he may have a family of his own. He did his life his way. A real VW guy with great love to the Westfalia model. He loved to tinker with the electrical part of the van, yet never mastered how to fix the body. For him VW was more like playing. While he had to make a living the hard way, visiting wrecking yards all over to find the parts he can sell for a good price on eBay. Not easy. I wonder what took him away. Rest in peace My Friend.

Zoltan

-----Original Message----- From: Ben T Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2020 12:19 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: RIP: Robert Keezer

This was shared on the Vanagon Cafe Group in Facebook by Matthew Pollard:

“ It is with a very heavy heart that I am sharing the loss of my dear friend Robert Keezer. He was such an easy going sweet man. He was an excellent mechanic with a love for Volkswagens, especially the old school Westvalia. His second love was for music, more specific, drumming. He would give you the shirt off his back then help you while talking story. He will be missed by those who knew him. He has missed is mother for years now and I know she will be welcoming him to heaven with open arms. He was a believer and passed peacefully holding the hand of a friend while being serenaded by another close friend, Brandon Dannals. God bless you and Rest In Peace Robert.”

Some of your old timers might remember Robert as they heater guy. He used to service those gas heaters. He’s a member of our extended family. I’m sad to report that he is no longer with us.

BenT https://www.facebook.com/groups/845132182200467/?ref=share=