Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2020, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 21 Jun 2020 23:40:45 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Financing Options
Comments: To: VW Vanagon <t3vanagon@gmail.com>

Dear Antonio - please read this before you must enlist Portia to beg for your life - or at least to the letter of the law -

Most of my life has been financed - one singular item that was paid for in cash - Vanagon Purchase - The first was a trade for another car - a 1970 tin top - that i rebuilt and even installed all the parts of a junk westie including tent top - The second was Cash $$ the most I ever paid for a vehicle in my life - 20K cnd $ 1989 5 speed Diesel California The third was a replacement for that one after the 2009 crash - paid for with $$ from Insurance settlement after 2009 crash - This also provided $$ for the tire upgrade and - Fuel components upgrade and then the subsequent motor RE & Re required on the way home ;( from Chico -

That vanagon was later traded to people who really needed a vehicle and were short on cash - (indeed they were losing their house) - Their fortunes have turned around in the last 10 years and they have now fully refreshed the van - paint - all the stuff - looks great -

Your purchase of a vanagon is the first installment of a long relationship with a beautiful and capricious borrower of money and user of time and parts and tools and space in driveway -

My friend i strongly urge you to do anything to raise cash to finance this dream from your own pocket - It goes also a little deeper than the initial purchase and that would be insurance if you finance you have to insure the whole loan for full $$ amount - not just the basics PL PD - This can make your insurance expensive - which is the silent running meter on your ownership -

Lenders will always lend - heck you can get a loan from Title loans or a pawn shop - I get an offer for thousands waiting for me nearly every week - Money is cheap- and plentiful like it has never been since the end of WWII

If you have great credit that means you must have cash in hand - 401K cash - investments - equity - some asset you can sell - a work place loan at low interest - Borrow from self

MY friend i strongly urge you to do this purchase under your own steam or you will be saddled with a lien on a vehicle in your driveway that needs another 2500$ worth of specialty tools and specialty parts to get ready for summer adventures -

Dream big - and do it on your own -

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 10:34 PM VW Vanagon <t3vanagon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Been considering options to fund a good chunk of a (hopefully) upcoming > purchase. > Going to hit my local credit union and explore a couple other conventional > bank options on an RV/Camper loan, but I'm anticipating some hesitation > given the age of the vehicle. > > Wanted to put this out to the group to see if anyone might have some > options that I may have either not considered or possibly may not be aware > of. > > I've got great credit and it's a very reasonable price for a quality > vehicle, so if there's a lender out there who "gets it," this should pencil > out pretty quickly. > > Any input is greatly appreciated! > > *Drew* > Missoula, MT >

-- roger whittaker 604.414.6266

---------------------------------------------------------- PR MARINE SURVEYORS & http://www.tvthatworks.com http://www.tvpowellriver.com LinkedIn -

- ca.linkedin.com/pub/roger-whittaker/14/78a/b71/Explore printed work at: http://www.prliving.ca/ View the growing list of video work at: http://www.youtube.com/user/LastonLastof#g/u http://vimeo.com/42309497

http://www.prpeak.com/articles/2010/11/29/multimedia/video/doc4c62e5f80d228504902172.txt