Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2020, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Jul 2020 10:38:22 -0500
From:         Tom Hargrave <thargrav@HIWAAY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Changing oil: Hot, Lukewarm, or Cold
Comments: To: Dan N <dn92610@GMAIL.COM>

One of the requirements for an oil to be SAE rated is the manufacturer has to guarantee that his oil can mix with any other SAE rated oil. My personal opinion is mixing the two is just a marketing ploy by some manufacturers designed to sell more of their oil.

This means that you can also mix any synthetic oil with any Dino oil, but why unless you are in a situation where you have to?

I run synthetic in vehicles where the manufacturer recommends synthetic like my Mercedes or in vehicles where I want to extend my oil changes. I used to drive over 50,000 miles a year but these days I'm down to about 35,000 miles a year. Everything else gets conventional (Dino) oil. Conventional oil is just too cheap to not use and change often.

Thanks, Tom Hargrave www.kegkits.com – Electric Brewery Info www.towercooler.com – Beer Tower Cooler http://goo.gl/niRzVw - My Amazon Store www.brew-control.com – Electric Brewery Marketing and Direct Sales http://www.hackpilot.com/roadkill/ - A little twisted humor