Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2020, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Jul 2020 15:57:06 -0400
From:         Geoffrey Toye <geoffreytoye@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 81 Aircooled - Replacing Condenser
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@hotmail.com>,
          Stuart MacMillan <stuartmacm@gmail.com>

Hmmm. Not thought about that. Good to know.

Now that I have replaced the condenser once, and realize that you have to remove the distributor to get to the screw that holds the bracket on, it doesn't seem like that big a job. Remove the distributor, change the points and condenser, replace the distributor, set the dwell and then set the timing. The more I do it the quicker I will get. The van has lasted for 39 years so far with points. I am sure it will give good service for another few years that way.

Thanks for the heads up.