Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2020, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Jul 2020 21:29:40 -0700
From:         Rob <vwrobb@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Got a new Vanagon!

We got a new Vanagon today! It's been a few years. A 1990 tin top with a rebuilt Subaru 2.2 and a rebuilt manual transmission, it came with a binder of receipts. It runs nice, I can't tell you how good it felt to be driving a Vanagon again & shifting gears!

What do I do now besides the fuel lines?

The first thing will be the fuel lines, they look new but the firewall plastic piece is still there so I have to do them. The next thing is change the oil/filter I thought I'd inspect the spark plugs. The front blower doesn't work at all so I have to troubleshoot that. This is a Subaru conversion and the stock temp gauge does not work, I want to fix that but it's a conversion problem. There are after market gauges that do work but that's not the same thing. I had forgotten how loud it is closing the sliding door. I need to research on how to quiet that down, I remember a thread. (In a couple of days I'll forget that I think the door is loud, it will be normal <g>) I need to fix the back hatch so I can open it from the inside, there is a write up on The Samba for that.

What else do I need to do, what am I forgetting?